Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Fighting Games

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:14 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:23 pm
Meanwhile in China, at the biggest fighting game tournament of the nation, SFV got BTFO by KoF. How BTFO?

https://imgur.com/ICdiY1B.png

You're seeing that correctly. No SF around, KoF got voted top slot and then two more KoF for good measure. :lol:
That's what happens when you take Capcom money and shills out of the equation. A big part of the english-speaking FGC are just SFV shills at this point.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:18 pm

I can't even explain it with SNK being in Chinese ownership as a) it was a vote and b) Tekken 7 and the bottom right is Blazblue I guess are in there so it's not like there weren't any foreign games allowed.
Poonoo wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:53 pm
When I look up footage of KOF tournaments the players are either Chinese or another non-Korean/non-Japanese Asian like Vietnamese or Taiwanese. Any idea why that is?
I don't have a clue. On the American continents it seems like the Mexicans are especially fond of KoF.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:13 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:18 pm
I can't even explain it with SNK being in Chinese ownership as a) it was a vote and b) Tekken 7 and the bottom right is Blazblue I guess are in there so it's not like there weren't any foreign games allowed.
Poonoo wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:53 pm
When I look up footage of KOF tournaments the players are either Chinese or another non-Korean/non-Japanese Asian like Vietnamese or Taiwanese. Any idea why that is?
I don't have a clue. On the American continents it seems like the Mexicans are especially fond of KoF.
Decided to google this now:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/ ... ne-explain

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/why- ... 853.0.html

Seems to be two main reasons:

1. Easy as fuck to bootleg, and since the countries Latin America and China aren't rich that helps.
2. Neo Geo Arcade Machines were really cheap and swapping out games was easy and cheap. Again, in those countries having a low barrier to entry helps.

That explains why more developed countries don't give a fuck. I had a feeling it had something to do with availability since the Sega Megadrive was very popular in Brazil for the same reason.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:04 am

Plausible enough.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:22 am

In either case, I appreciate the giant middle finger towards Capcom.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:04 am

Well Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite came out and coincidentally, around that same time Pokken Tournament DX launched around the same time and so far, Pokken has outsold Marvel vs. Capcom in its debut in the UK and Japan sales chart

The hillarious part is that Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite launched so low that Ultra Street Fighter II has sold more when that launched :lol:

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:24 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:04 am
Well Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite came out and coincidentally, around that same time Pokken Tournament DX launched around the same time and so far, Pokken has outsold Marvel vs. Capcom in its debut in the UK and Japan sales chart

The hillarious part is that Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite launched so low that Ultra Street Fighter II has sold more when that launched :lol:
Ultra Street Fighter II also outsold it
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:16 am

The only people I see talking about MvC Infinite are hardcore Capcucks and DSP.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:05 pm

No Wolverine, no buy.

Also I've recently gotten that DLC lady for Tekken 7 (Zafina?). I can only assume she was some kind of prototype for Tekken Geese because she's basically a SNK character: Repukken? Check. Double Repukken? Check. Shoryuken? Sure, SNK has its own Shoto Team anyways. Mature's slice-move (kinda sorta)? Why not?

She appeals to my 2D fighting instincts, is all I'm saying. I hope I can dress her up like Rock Howard or Mr. Karate.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:43 pm

I'd have to look her name up but it's not Zafina. Zafina is that Egyptian or whatever with the crazy stances from T6 or something and she isn't in the game.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!