Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Doge Walker and Channel Awesome

Post by mad bum » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:54 am

I can't get over how Rob still has the beatnik look to him.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:43 pm

He looks good compared to Douche's boiled egg look.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:50 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:43 pm
He looks good compared to Douche's boiled egg look.
At least Doge FINALLY shaved his head
....10 years too late....
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:19 pm
Queen wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:25 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6H01kwsx3Y&t

Doge and Rob getting hate for the IT review.
people can't accept that most "Good" movies now, are shit, or not even good to begin with
True.
Can't believe I'm sorta incidentally siding with the Walkers here, but a lot of the stuff that gets glowing praise, particularly the past few years, are either lowest common denominator, pop-culture comfort-food, or marturbatory pseudo-intellectual crap. Not only have standards been thrown away, it seems the notion of something being "entertaining, though nothing special" is alien to current audiences.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:18 pm

SomeFaggotOnYT wrote:Yeah, the source material sure was bad already. I mean millions love it, it's known as a classic, but that sure is just pure coincidence. sarcasm end

...Seriously: They both base their negative review on claiming the book was bad as a fact and work from there on.
But the source material is shit. Go ask anyone about IT. Everybody liked the movie but nobody liked the ending.
All people liked was Tim Curry giving a billion dollar performance. He carried the movie so hard that he's the only thing people even remember. Besides the ending of course, which sucked ass.

I'm sure the book isn't good either. The book isn't loved by millions or considered a classic, the old movie is.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:00 pm

The book had some friggin' weird stuff in it, including a pre-teen gangbang, some weird bully who's also a retard or something, and the revelation that Pennywise is both Budget Lavos and some kind of Non-Euclidian laser light show fighting a space turtle god (who I think is also indirectly repsonsible for the gangbang).
Guest wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:16 pm
Can't believe I'm sorta incidentally siding with the Walkers here, but a lot of the stuff that gets glowing praise, particularly the past few years, are either lowest common denominator, pop-culture comfort-food, or marturbatory pseudo-intellectual crap. Not only have standards been thrown away, it seems the notion of something being "entertaining, though nothing special" is alien to current audiences.
I blame the internet hype and contrarian machine. "It's okay" is just not enough if you can go "BEST / WORST MOVIE EVARRRR!!"
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:39 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:00 pm
The book had some friggin' weird stuff in it, including a pre-teen gangbang, some weird bully who's also a retard or something, and the revelation that Pennywise is both Budget Lavos and some kind of Non-Euclidian laser light show fighting a space turtle god (who I think is also indirectly repsonsible for the gangbang).
Guest wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:16 pm
I blame the internet hype and contrarian machine. "It's okay" is just not enough if you can go "BEST / WORST MOVIE EVARRRR!!"
I agree to the point where people are giving their impressions/ratings. But then come the endless, moronic dissertations, about the greatness and depth of the vapidest stuff possible...
Imagine if during the 1980's someone came up to you and said: "Oh, my God! I just saw 'Commando', and let me tell you it validated my whole life! Not only is it an unmitigated masterpiece of storytelling, but it is also an incredibly profound commentary on the woes of our society!" Well, that was/is pretty much the type of reaction we get from stuff like "The Avengers" currently; Or to the other side, we have the "This ruined my childhood!" angle.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:18 pm
SomeFaggotOnYT wrote:Yeah, the source material sure was bad already. I mean millions love it, it's known as a classic, but that sure is just pure coincidence. sarcasm end

...Seriously: They both base their negative review on claiming the book was bad as a fact and work from there on.
But the source material is shit. Go ask anyone about IT. Everybody liked the movie but nobody liked the ending.
All people liked was Tim Curry giving a billion dollar performance. He carried the movie so hard that he's the only thing people even remember. Besides the ending of course, which sucked ass.

I'm sure the book isn't good either. The book isn't loved by millions or considered a classic, the old movie is.

The book is considered a classic and one of Stephen King's best. And is everyone forgetting that the original "movie" was a made for tv miniseries on ABC?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:03 pm

I didn't know that the movie was a series.
I have never seen somebody consider the book one of King's best, let alone a classic.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:19 pm

The "movie" was a 2-parter. We watched and recorded it that way on TV:

And I personally liked The Shining, Misery and his various short stories more. He's like Junji Itou in that he tends to get really weird if he takes too long with a single story.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette