Post by rabidtictac » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:05 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:03 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:16 pm
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 pm
Nothing is ever good in spite of Burch's involvement
I know you're autistic, but damn dude, calm your tits. Borderlands 1 and 2 are good games.
"You're autistic for intensely disliking Burch"
More specifically, for letting a hateboner about a writer completely overshadow a game's gameplay. But the tism comment was more a general observation about your posts.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Re: Flustered Fernando and the Seven Pesos

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:07 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:50 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:26 pm
Borderlands is good despite Burch's involvement.
Mostly because you could play it with friends and ignore most of the stupid shit characters say. I want to see Burch on the streets, fighting with Spooner over who's going to blow an old smelly guy for 5 dollars. There aren't many other miserable fucks that I would be convinced only ever made a game they worked on actively worse and nothing else.
Even playing solo, you can ignore whatever memes the characters are saying and kill shit for loot. Besides which, I'd argue the dialogue and writing overall didn't get truly SJW cringe until the pre-sequel. BL2 has a few cringey characters, like Ellie and Lilith, but not too many.

Borderlands 1 is completely SJW free, so even if it were possible to 100% ruin a game by having an SJW work on it, that game is untainted. The storyline is as video game basic as they get.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:00 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:05 pm
But the tism comment was more a general observation about your posts.
Yeah, yeah. Funny how this observation comes up whenever I disagree with you
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Borderlands 2 is shit regardless of Burch or not. They completely fucked up the weapon archetypes and the classes are boring. Borderlands already wasn't exactly great, 2 is the worst kind of mediocre, Pre-Sequel is absolute top cancer as one would expect from a game that's a prequel and sequel at the same time.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Now imagine if it was also a reboot.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:07 pm

Without factoring the writing and shit like that, another of the bigger issues was difficulty. Not in the sense of actually increasing difficulty, but by "difficulty" pretty much translating to "turn everything into a massive fucking bullet sponge". That just makes shit more tedious on top of gameplay that can already get tedious pretty quick.

It also kind of fucks progression by making weapon choice not matter much outside of having slag or not, even less if you've built your character even semi-sufficiently, and that in turn mostly defeats the purpose of the whole loot system.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:51 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:07 pm
BL2 has a few cringey characters, like Ellie and Lilith, but not too many.
Tiny Tina... such a loveable character that she got her own DLC.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:07 pm
Without factoring the writing and shit like that, another of the bigger issues was difficulty. Not in the sense of actually increasing difficulty, but by "difficulty" pretty much translating to "turn everything into a massive fucking bullet sponge". That just makes shit more tedious on top of gameplay that can already get tedious pretty quick.

It also kind of fucks progression by making weapon choice not matter much outside of having slag or not, even less if you've built your character even semi-sufficiently, and that in turn mostly defeats the purpose of the whole loot system.
I've explained this in the past. The bullet sponge complaint is way overrated if you've built a proper character with a good build. Slag IS fairly required on UVHM and OP levels, but it's not that hard to slag something and then swap to your main gun. That's WHY so many characters have a skill to increase swap speed. I find it gives more strategy to combat too, because you need to figure out how to implement slag into your play style and build. Some characters like Maya get autoslag so you can pretty much ignore the requirement anyway.

Weapon choice still matters, I don't know what you're talking about. Good weapons are still good and less good weapons are still less good. Elements are contextual in BL2 and I think that makes the combat better, not worse. You can't run a pure fire or pure corrosive build because those elements are meant to be used contextually against certain enemies. It increases strategy and gives you a reason to find a good weapon in every element. That said, Slag, explosive and Shock are neutral elements and you can run a full shock, explosive or full slag build if you have the right skills. Slag build is not as supported but you can still kill shit with slag guns, absolutely. And yes, all this info is for UVHM and OP.

The biggest criticism I have of BL2 gameplay is they fucked the drop rates hard. BL1 allowed you to get good gear in ANY rarity. BL2 pretty much limits you at endgame to purples, red text blues, legendaries and pearls. Also legendaries in BL2 are fairly disappointing and red text guns can be kind of OP at times.

Also, critting enemies vastly reduces or eliminates the need for slagging, and crits are headshots, so the game does still reward skill on high levels. Like I said, the biggest problem is the game doesn't drop good gear often enough, but you can do farming runs and other shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:01 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Borderlands 2 is shit regardless of Burch or not. They completely fucked up the weapon archetypes and the classes are boring. Borderlands already wasn't exactly great, 2 is the worst kind of mediocre, Pre-Sequel is absolute top cancer as one would expect from a game that's a prequel and sequel at the same time.
I disagree. I think Borderlands IS exactly great, Borderlands 2 is very good and Pre-Sequel is top cancer made by a team from another country that didn't understand what made BL gameplay good. For example, elemental balancing in TPS is totally fucked. Shock is op as hell and corrosive is trash-tier. The new slag element, aka Cryo, is ridiculously overpowered.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:24 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:58 pm
I've explained this in the past. The bullet sponge complaint is way overrated if you've built a proper character with a good build.
No it isn't. There never is a good balance. You either own everything or you magdump everything. At least 1 was something new, had better classes and better weapon archetypes. Two is more of the same, just a bit worse in pretty much every regard. That's not something I'd call a good game.

BL2 was a pointless sequel that Gearbox spent time on instead of Aliens: Colonial Marines, fucking over SEGA with the help of the most retarded side of the US legal system.
I will never forgive the cunts for fucking up A:CM and holding the Duke Nukem license hostage, also illegally thanks for the help of your fucked legal system. I hope they eat shit from their failed Battleborn and finally go broke. Randy Pitchford is the kinda cunt I wouldn't even piss on if he was on fire.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!