People Drop Their Spaghetti Over Skyrim

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Stranger

People Drop Their Spaghetti Over Skyrim

Post by Stranger » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:57 pm

So Bethesda recently launched their Creation Club for Skyrim. Fallout 4 already has it and it's almost universally considered terrible but Skyrim just got the beta version of Survival Mode (where you can get it for free for a week, afterwards it's 8 bucks) on PC and will soon be getting repackaged older content for something like 4 bucks a pop, Mudcrab Armor because memes, and a new package of spells.

Now, look, I get that paid mods are a silly concept but it feels like people forget that if Bethesda had just branded all of this stuff as DLC and lowered the price a bit they wouldn't have complained, in the first place.

Already you have people comparing Survival Mode to a combination of Frostfall, Camping, iNeed/Realistic Needs and Diseases, and Hunterborn all put together. To them this is the ultimate survival mode for the game and Survival Mode doesn't properly work with any of them.
What every single one of them forgets is that Survival Mode was made by the same guy who made Frostfall (also Camping and maybe Hunterborn, idk) and yet is more directly integrated into the base game. It's also simply a different flavor on it. (Frostfall = lose skills as you freeze, Survival Mode = lose max health until death, etc)

It's gotten so far along that people with heavily modded games are slapping Survival Mode into the mix, crashing, and then blaming Survival Mode for the crashes despite, right after reloading their game, commenting on some mod's content that they have installed.

I get that people don't like paid mods. I don't either. What I don't get is why they immediately don't give it a chance. "The modded version has so much more depth," they'll say, despite the fact that the modded version does the exact same thing except sometimes you can get wet and then freeze four times as fast and, instead of adventuring, are forced to wait the storm out by literally making your character wait 4 in-game days.

I guess it has something to do with, "muh immersion," in a game where the dialogue is so flimsy that half of the time you aren't saying what you think you are and the environment barely reacts to your presence. I don't know.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: People Drop Their Spaghetti Over Skyrim

Post by Charlar » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:56 pm

People are dumb
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:55 pm

Paid mods are dumb and skyrim's gameplay a shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:09 pm

Skyrim is just a glorified themepark were the majority of the content was not created by the creators. That may work for a game like Garrys Mod because there is not one universe with characters and a story.
Stranger wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:57 pm
I get that people don't like paid mods. I don't either.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:10 am

Speaking of skyrim the switch version is coming out soon, will be a full $60 when you can buy it for a literal few dollars on anything else.

People are defending this shit too saying "muh portability" when these people never leave there house, or think playing for 10 minutes on there lunch at work justifies the proof of purchase
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:15 am

Fucking-A "Dead Horse" Interchange is the perfect place to talk about Skyrim. Holy fucking shit Bethesda won't put this shit to rest. It's current year and they're still trying to sell cont­ent for a bland single player game. I'm not against mods but considering that the base game is an absolute shit without them that should say a lot about the quality of the game itself. The reason this dead horse is still being beat is because of people like April who spend more time installing mods than playing the game all so she can furiously rub her clit while staring at her elfsona.
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:26 am

The base game for skyrim is so fucking trash, and now Nintendo expect their fanbase to sell out full price for what is essentially a steam sale $5 game.

Hell, if JUST the Solstheim DLC was packaged as its own game, like Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil was, I'd argue THAT GAME is better than vanilla Skyrim.

Shorter? Yeah. Lots shorter. But a much more interesting world.

Doesn't change how fucking terrible Skyrim gameplay is though. Nothing can. Go play literally any souls game instead, even a shitty one like DS2.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:32 am

Morrowind was the last good Elder Scrolls
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Schnitzel

Post by Schnitzel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:45 am

Charlar wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:32 am
I dunno, I tried it for an hour at a friends house years ago, the beginning was very boring and you moved super slow and couldn't hit a rat.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:55 am

Schnitzel wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:45 am
Charlar wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:32 am
I dunno, I tried it for an hour at a friends house years ago, the beginning was very boring and you moved super slow and couldn't hit a rat.
It's VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY slow to start yeah, you have to really get past the grind before you get into the stupid fun of the game. The morrowind project where they are going to redo the visuals will be awesome for it.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]