What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:43 pm
Currently dicking around in Skryim's new Survival Mode while waiting on the Plains of Eidolon update for Warframe.
Duuuude, I'm waiting for that so hard!
But I've still got plenty of shit to do until then. Forma my Volt Prime, re-level my Zephyr, farm standing with New Loka for the Sancti Tigris, farm standing with Perrin sequence for the Rhino mods, the list goes on and on.

I've built Vauban Prime yesterday evening. One digging mission (only five drills because after farming all that fucking Cryotic I'm a bit sick of it) and one defense mission to try him out (five sets of waves just quit because it was getting late) and he's already at level 19. Dude is sick for defense stuff. He'll be a blast to level and forma.

Who wasn't a blast was Mag Prime. If I've ever seen a Warframe in need of a re-work it's Mag. All her shit sucks. I like Zephyr and Hydroid, I even found Titania to be okay and got some use out of Mirage. But Mag isn't even fun to fuck around with.
Her 1 is alright. Her 3 doesn't do jack shit. Her 4 is awesome if you want to get killed and look especially dumb during it.
Her 2, boy, her 2. So in principle it's fine. You create a bubble around a fucker and all damage you cause the bubble from inside or outside, your fire or the enemies fire, is converted into damaging ticks. Cast, unload a magazine and the target will die in short order. It's actually really, really good against Sentients as they don't adapt to the damage.
In practice it's shit. The magnetic pull of the bubble doesn't even manage to draw in a running trashmob and the DOT to anything but the target in the middle is pathetic. You also can't move the bubble so it will kill the one shitter, slightly harm others passing through and then just sit there and block all projectiles.
I've found use for it for Sentients and Bombards. Everything else dies so quickly that it would've been faster to just shoot it directly and everything but the target is hardly affected. What a shitshow!

I'm fairly sure that Mag is the current worst Warframe. Atlas can at least punch people, which is hilarious. Limbo can "ZA WARUDO!". Zephyr can migitate all damage and is fun as hell. Hydroid can deny a large area for a good long time and drown shitters while you go get a beer.
Seriously, is there a worse Warframe?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:53 pm

Oh and I forgot the absolute worst thing about Mag: She's one of the three Warframes you can pick as a starter!
If any of you ever want to play Warframe: Pick Excalibur! Volt is fairly squishy and easier to get later on than Excal. Shit, Excal will trivialize the planet junctions and downright cheese them, which could be pretty hard for a beginner lacking mods with Volt. But Mag? Holy shit I can't even imagine how unfun she would be if you actually had to use her because she's all you have.
Another beginner tip: One of the earliest bosses you'll face is the Jackal. His knees are his weakpoint. He drops the parts for Rhino. Farm the cunt and build Rhino ASAP. Mad good Warframe with enough survivability even without good mods that will carry you through half the star chart.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:47 pm

ToEE just seems too buggy and outdated to get into, same with Arcanum. They should make a spiritual successor. I would be fine with a ToEE:EE aswell (enhanced edition).

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:24 pm

Not enough Infinity Engine.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:16 am

I want to get into Warframe, but I know it would just suck up all my time. Some Borderlands guys are big into that game too. I know I'd be seduced to the dark side of the sperge and play for hundreds of hours.

It's the same reason I don't play Final Fantasy Tactics much these days. It's too much like crack for me.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:32 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:20 am
IIRC, SCL disappointed IE-ish game fans big time its existence is basically ignored by DnD cRPG fans.

CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:48 am
but man is the base game buggy.
phpBB [video]

DO YOU EVEN Temple+ (I've never actually tried it though)
>Temple+ is an engine enhancement and bugfixes mod for ToEE.

ALL THESE YEARS and I just now am hearing about this? I'm gonna slit my fucking wrists... :lol:
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:57 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:45 pm
Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:43 pm
Currently dicking around in Skryim's new Survival Mode while waiting on the Plains of Eidolon update for Warframe.
Duuuude, I'm waiting for that so hard!
But I've still got plenty of shit to do until then. Forma my Volt Prime, re-level my Zephyr, farm standing with New Loka for the Sancti Tigris, farm standing with Perrin sequence for the Rhino mods, the list goes on and on.

I've built Vauban Prime yesterday evening. One digging mission (only five drills because after farming all that fucking Cryotic I'm a bit sick of it) and one defense mission to try him out (five sets of waves just quit because it was getting late) and he's already at level 19. Dude is sick for defense stuff. He'll be a blast to level and forma.

Who wasn't a blast was Mag Prime. If I've ever seen a Warframe in need of a re-work it's Mag. All her shit sucks. I like Zephyr and Hydroid, I even found Titania to be okay and got some use out of Mirage. But Mag isn't even fun to fuck around with.
Her 1 is alright. Her 3 doesn't do jack shit. Her 4 is awesome if you want to get killed and look especially dumb during it.
Her 2, boy, her 2. So in principle it's fine. You create a bubble around a fucker and all damage you cause the bubble from inside or outside, your fire or the enemies fire, is converted into damaging ticks. Cast, unload a magazine and the target will die in short order. It's actually really, really good against Sentients as they don't adapt to the damage.
In practice it's shit. The magnetic pull of the bubble doesn't even manage to draw in a running trashmob and the DOT to anything but the target in the middle is pathetic. You also can't move the bubble so it will kill the one shitter, slightly harm others passing through and then just sit there and block all projectiles.
I've found use for it for Sentients and Bombards. Everything else dies so quickly that it would've been faster to just shoot it directly and everything but the target is hardly affected. What a shitshow!

I'm fairly sure that Mag is the current worst Warframe. Atlas can at least punch people, which is hilarious. Limbo can "ZA WARUDO!". Zephyr can migitate all damage and is fun as hell. Hydroid can deny a large area for a good long time and drown shitters while you go get a beer.
Seriously, is there a worse Warframe?
If you consider Mag bad then you're part of the meta-baby crowd that doesn't use her properly and then whines or you don't play enough and expect her to be something she isn't.

And yes. There are worse frames. Hydroid. Zephyr, aside from her 3. Wukong. Particularly stupid people would say Oberon.

All Mag needs is a higher energy pool, a better passive, and for her 3 to have a percentage on top of the hard number. Everything else about her is perfectly fine and she can easily be used to nuke maps and control large areas effortlessly.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:45 am

I think i made a account in Warframe months ago, took Excalibut to try and get a feel for the game. Any other tips for an absolute newbie that only ended the second mission at the beginning of the game?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:22 am

I have seen some exceptionally retarded people (reddit) mentioning "second video game crash" and even some youtubers talking about it in some way, have any of you hear of this? Has anyone an idea where this might be coming from, other than people being completely stupid and ignorant and not understand what led to the original crash in 80's to begin with?

It honestly blew me away that someone genuinely says this like they believe it's going to happen.

// Looked it up and of course this disgusting retarded fuck has made a click-bait video on the topic 3 years ago :lol:

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:22 am
I have seen some exceptionally retarded people (reddit) mentioning "second video game crash" and even some youtubers talking about it in some way, have any of you hear of this? Has anyone an idea where this might be coming from, other than people being completely stupid and ignorant and not understand what led to the original crash in 80's to begin with?

It honestly blew me away that someone genuinely says this like they believe it's going to happen.

// Looked it up and of course this disgusting retarded fuck has made a click-bait video on the topic 3 years ago :lol:
Razorfist was talking about it years ago, I thought it was a possibility at one point but now I know that a big giant crash is not happening. It's in reality a slow transition away from excess AAA games and console gaming slowly dying. Many devs like Cliffy B are getting out of AAA to form mid-sized companies, and if you look over the past 10 years many companies have shut down or downsized. If you look at attach rates for consoles they have dropped big time, and many series like Tekken are on PC when they wouldn't have bothered years ago.

The crash has been happening since the financial crisis in 2008, but it has been a slow burn and transition rather than a big, sudden crash. AAA games aren't selling what they used to, but they are far from dead and won;t go away very soon.

I think people are quick to jump the gun because eventually people get sick of AAA gaming (you are taking your sweet fucking time Sick Fuck) and when they hear other people say the same thing, they assume a crash is coming.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.