What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AdorableOtter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by AdorableOtter » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:32 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:32 am
ALL THESE YEARS and I just now am hearing about this? I'm gonna slit my fucking wrists... :lol:
Don't worry, that mod is actually only 1.5 years old or something like that. Long story short, Troika was trying to release a toolset and hid it in polish (czech? i forgot) version of the patch and someone found that toolset very recently, then the mod development begun.

I kinda wanna try the mod with something like Fig/Clr/Wiz/Wiz/Ass but I'm not sure Temple+ can be as good as or better than Knights of the Chalice (arguably the best cRPG adaptation of 3.5e) though. That game set the bar really really high,

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:04 pm

What you're describing is not a crash, but a transformation. Just like certain things happen over time, like almost complete dissapearance of indipendent developers making AAA games, mobile games becoming more prominent, or PC gaming coming back, none of that has anything to do with a "crash" of an industry.

What other industry do you know that have imploded in such way, besides real estate, which is not entertainment? A company can fail, sure, but reasons for the 1983 crash were one of a kind in a new market that was extremely over rated - the only thing coming close was the dot com bubble, which had similar issues, a new, extremely over rated market at the time. Do you see video games being over rated in general as an industry? I'm not. Games or game series, sure. Industry that has several decades of steady growth across the whole world? I don't think so.

Also, the crash mostly happened in north america, which of course according to burgers is like it happening across the whole world, because no other countries are important, but that's also a thing to consider.
Poonoo wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:52 pm
AAA games aren't selling what they used to
Oh really? Take a look at this shit: https://www.statista.com/statistics/321 ... uty-games/ - the decline was caused by the fanbase being fed up with similar game being pushed out every year, not by less people playing games in general, it was still selling like crazy around 2012. I won't go searching for how much sales video games make per year, because I would end up looking through more data that I would like to, but I am pretty sure the overall marked is steadily increasing. And even if not, the point is, it's certainly not heading into some massive decline, unless something drastic would happen.

The only possible thing for video game industry now would be a slow decline for some reason, one of them would be finding some other form of entertainment that would form a new industry. For something drastic happening, I would you would have to have some power over entire nations to condemn video games as illegal etc., I can't come up with anything rational.
Poonoo wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:52 pm
I think people are quick to jump the gun because eventually people get sick of AAA gaming (you are taking your sweet fucking time Sick Fuck) and when they hear other people say the same thing, they assume a crash is coming.
Fuck off with that. I'll play what I want as long as I like it. I think it's just some people's wishful thinking that they really want to bury Ubisoft or EA, and they wish a video game crash would happen. But it's just as foolish as to think that EA does something from the good of their heart.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:23 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:22 am
I have seen some exceptionally retarded people (reddit) mentioning "second video game crash" and even some youtubers talking about it in some way, have any of you hear of this? Has anyone an idea where this might be coming from, other than people being completely stupid and ignorant and not understand what led to the original crash in 80's to begin with?

It honestly blew me away that someone genuinely says this like they believe it's going to happen.

// Looked it up and of course this disgusting retarded fuck has made a click-bait video on the topic 3 years ago :lol:
Gaming has been dead for at least 5 years...
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:53 pm

So, I've started playing Dragon's Dogma after careful consideration, and I must say, I was not dissapointed. The game is great, although has plenty of issues and it's very rough around the edges. It sure has a potential for massive improvements in a sequel, if Capcom ever comes to it's senses.

Definetely gives me an impression of an offline MMO RPG in some ways (terrible quests for example) - fortunately, the gameplay feels great, I like how many options I get, the pawns are serviceable, and the world is huge with so many secrets that I'll forgive how cheap the game feels in almost every way.

In that regard, it's very similar to Mount & Blade, which is a game that looks like shit, but it's gameplay (especially with mods) is exceptional and has no competition. I can see myself sinking a lot of time into this one.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:11 am

It is a good game. I played Dark Arisen years ago and loved it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:03 am

I'd still like to know some tips for newbies at Warframe, i'm thinking of resuming playing
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:17 am

Charlar wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:03 am
I'd still like to know some tips for newbies at Warframe, i'm thinking of resuming playing
Level up your survival mods, multishot mods, and any mods that increase flat damage. Also increase your frame's efficiency, grab Energy Siphon (until you unlock focus), and work your way through the starmap before you try to jump into end game crap (star map is just the nodes on each planet).

Use whatever frame and weapons you want. Don't listen to the kids who whine that you aren't using the best frames and best weapons. You will never have fun in Warframe if you use what everyone else says you should use in lieu of using whatever you want.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:09 am

So I'm tackling Hector Hard Mode in Fire Emblem.

I'm trying to level up one of the Cavaliers in the prologue story. It's been super slow having the unit I'm leveling hit the last boss after clearing the map and then using the fortresses to heal it back up.

I know mounted units get hammered in certain levels with rough terrain, but I plan to arena level every mounted unit into a Paladin and exploit their weapon skills :P

I've never beaten Hector Hard Mode so... this'll be fun.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:15 am

Hector Hard Mode was fun.

Kent and Sain are both good choices for cavaliers. Sain can get ridiculous RNG that makes him godmode, or he can get shitty RNG and be kind of bland. Llewelyn or however you say that is also good, but I hate his bland personality.

Just don't ever use that cunt Marcus. He sucks fucking ass. The definition of a beginner trap. Don't let him get even a single kill, the fuck.

Best way to use Paladins is abuse Javelins and Hand Axes. Those weapons are dope as fuck. Save them for when you need the range, but they're unbeatable at that. When it comes to axe users, paladins are probably my favorites. Or the upgraded knight. Most classes that start with axes are kind of shitty. Except Hector and maybe that desert Berserker guy. Dart relies too heavily on RNG to get a viable endgame.

Don't forget about pegaknights and wyvern knights. Both are OP as hell. Florina is hands down best pegaknight. Second is Farina. That scarred bitch is the best of the wyvern knight choices. Vaida I think her name was. Pegaknights are just like knights except they can't use as many weapons, but they have more magic resistance and better mobility in all terrain.

Florina is probably in the running for top character in the game, next to Hector, Karel, Jaffar, Matthew, Pent and Nina (if you can level her to 20 Sage from raw in the time before endgame.)
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:11 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:15 am
Hector Hard Mode was fun.

Kent and Sain are both good choices for cavaliers. Sain can get ridiculous RNG that makes him godmode, or he can get shitty RNG and be kind of bland. Llewelyn or however you say that is also good, but I hate his bland personality.

Just don't ever use that cunt Marcus. He sucks fucking ass. The definition of a beginner trap. Don't let him get even a single kill, the fuck.

Best way to use Paladins is abuse Javelins and Hand Axes. Those weapons are dope as fuck. Save them for when you need the range, but they're unbeatable at that. When it comes to axe users, paladins are probably my favorites. Or the upgraded knight. Most classes that start with axes are kind of shitty. Except Hector and maybe that desert Berserker guy. Dart relies too heavily on RNG to get a viable endgame.

Don't forget about pegaknights and wyvern knights. Both are OP as hell. Florina is hands down best pegaknight. Second is Farina. That scarred bitch is the best of the wyvern knight choices. Vaida I think her name was. Pegaknights are just like knights except they can't use as many weapons, but they have more magic resistance and better mobility in all terrain.

Florina is probably in the running for top character in the game, next to Hector, Karel, Jaffar, Matthew, Pent and Nina (if you can level her to 20 Sage from raw in the time before endgame.)
The plan was to use Oswin as my main damage sponge and blocker. Arena leveling knights is a bitch though.

Looking at state growths on the 3 cavaliers, Kent gets high speed and skill caps, so good for Killer weapons, Sain gets strength and spead, meaning he can kill most anything and his supports up his evade, then Lowen gets highest defense and is a mounted tank with also high speed.

If I can coordinate the arena gold with the secret shop levels, I can boost their weakest stats even. >:)
-The user formerly known as CIANigger