What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:15 pm

Fuuuck dem extended Grim Dawn storage space. This game is turning me into a hoarder.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Auli

Post by Auli » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:26 am

Elex looks interesting, but he found the animation to look mediocre at best :/

Everytime something was hit, it used 2 frames to drop to the ground.

Minor complaints. Someone let me know if the game is actually fun xD
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:46 pm

I was one of the biggest criticizers of Shadow of Mordor with it being too repetitive and most of all too easy (my argument was what use is a nemesis system based on you dying when you never die?).

Im beyond suprised and stoked that Shadow of War (on nemesis difficulty that is) really solves all my problems I had with the first game.
I finally die every once in a while and fights are really awesome, hard and tactical instead of button mashing. With the expanded orc army thing on top of that this really is one of my favorite games since 2000 or so.

Kinda funny to see everybody was dickriding the mediocre to bad first game and are now hating on the amazing sequal XD
Yes microtransactions deserve some hate, but not you shouldnt miss out a great game over it. You dont ever have to buy a single chest and there are still plenty of ways to show your dismay with the developer by buying from cdkeys or g2a etc.

Get this game people you have seen me bitch here for years about there hardly being any good games released so me praising something should let you know it's something special.

Also 12 hours in and just reached act 3 and just started building an army, this game is huge too. I didnt even do half the things in the first 2 areas either since I rushed it to see how building an army would be.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:31 am

Iwas wondering if any of you ever played Dreadnought? I brought on a big discount
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Nope. Is it fun?

And I decided to give my 3DS some new fodder (it can't always be MonHun) with Etrian Odyssey V. So far it's been a pretty fun dungeon crawler with weird classes and interesting skill synergy. I'm also really glad that your characters don't need to have voices, 'cause the VAs I've heard so far are ear-grating - especially any lady going for a "super doki doki animu moe girl voice".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Dreadnought looks like World of Warships, only in space. Isn't it still in beta, and already heavily discounted?

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:26 pm

I've had a lot more time to play dark souls 2.

I think I've overall become more positive about the game. Which is probably inevitable when you play any game a lot, although I didn't feel that way about DS2 when it launched. The more I played back then, the less I enjoyed it.

The biggest difference for me was probably the DLC. All of the DLC is absolutely fantastic and the mid and late game is, if anything, the most fun part of the game. After you collect the 4 lord souls, you are immediately opening up a plethora of AMAZING areas.

Drainglec Castle is great and highly atmospheric. Shrine of Amana is a meat grinder, but still fun, and with a very unique soundtrack and boss. You can do any of the DLC immediately after lighting the primal bonfire near their warp-in point, so that's 3 extra areas.

I think the unfairness of the game has been overstated. The game very poorly explains ADP, which is the REAL reason people get hit while rolling and think the game is cheating. Get your ADP to 20 and the game controls fine. There aren't actually that many unfair ganks in DS2. And when you go through the series, there are a lot of ganks in all of the games. Demon's Souls actually has a bunch of really fucking shitty ganks right at the start of the game and continues the trend until the end. I'm thinking specifically of completely dark rooms you walk into, where you immediately get attacked by 3 or so guys from different sides. Or the dog ganks in 1-2 and 1-3 IIRC, and 2-1 and 2-2 have a bunch of pickaxe ganks and some more dog ganks. Dog ganks in DeS can legit stunlock you, strip all your stamina and murder you outright before you have a chance to do anything.

In comparison, there are only a few parts of the game in DS2 that I think are bullshit:

The ogres. These enemies suck ass and have awful hitboxes. Fuck them. Fighting more than one is the low point of the game, so it's a shame they put these guys in the STARTING AREA.

Royal Rat Authority. The toxic rats are shitty and the boss itself has borked hitboxes and behaves very erratically. It's just badly made. And I wouldn't say that about too many DS2 bosses, except for this guy and Smelter Demon.

The run up to Lost Sinner is a slog and a half. I rarely run it more than once per playthrough because Lost Sinner isn't hard. The only hard thing about her is keeping Lucatiel alive. But this run up to the boss sucks shit. Enhanced Undead flail erratically and it's impossible to tell what they're going to do. Every attack of theirs drains all your stamina and they can one or two-shot you. Then you have the exploding guys hiding underwater. If you don't have the Bastille Key, and there's no reason you would have it, then you have to continue slogging through waist-deep water while dodging or killing enemies who are not at all affected by said water. They can move perfectly fine, but you can't.

The run to Velstadt is kind of shit too, but at least you can kill the bell-ringer.

The run to Demon of Song is very hard, but it was intentionally made that way, so whatever. Most boss runs in DS2 are overall shorter and easier than those in DS1 and definitely easier than DeS.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:05 pm

SnesClassic

Bye bye, fartknockers, your asses ain't seeing me for a while.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Seele

Post by Seele » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:07 pm

Have fun with your overpriced emulator box full of 20+ year old games that can easily be played on a PC for free. :D
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:52 pm

And meanwhile, if you're a Sega nerd (or want to become one) and a bit too honorful for downloading ROM, you can get a shitload of classic Sega games on Steam for dirt cheap.
-Yours Truly