Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
ban

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by ban » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:29 pm

Capcom has effectively two teams for MonHun now, so Kugel won't have a proble to get the sequel to 4(whenever it may come) and World.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:31 pm

What wonderful times we live in.

Also I wonder if there already was a stupid game journo who just "discovered" this obscure monster-hunting game and let of a "It's Final Fantasy meets Dark Souls!" truth bomb.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:42 pm

Auli wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:26 pm
Get MonHun for the Master Race instead.
Two different games, dude. The Switch will get the next main series game, while World is something a bit different. Hopefully not too different.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Auli

Post by Auli » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Oh, didndu knew dat.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:23 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:57 pm
So is the new Mario good?
Looks solid, while every game journo is shilling it as always I'll give Pro Jared credit for pointing out a problem with the game, the Stars (now Moons) aren't as rewarding to get as Stars are in 64. They are more like the blue coins in Sunshine where they are just there and aren't too hard to find. In 64 finding a star was rewarding after finding a hidden path, while in this game if you walk into a little corner you'll find them.

That was a big gripe for me in Sunshine since a lot of the Stars were available by finding 8 of those stupid blue coins and the fact that they went further in that direction is a bit annoying. But at least it appears to encourage discovery more than Sunshine did where you had to select a star in order get it on that playthrough rather than exploring.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:40 am

It always pisses me off when a platformer makes you select a star/jiggie/collectable from the start of a level, then configures the level for zat one UND ONLY VONE star/jiggie. One of the big improvements of Banjo back in the day was the ability to do any jiggie in any order and not need to exit and reenter the level after getting each star. Mario 64 kicked you out of the level every time you grabbed a star.

Ideally, I want a single, large, open level with collectables throughout, which I go and collect in any order. Bosses or more difficult enemies should be in their own large arenas which do not have to be selected at the level start. After collecting an important item, I should NEVER be kicked out of the level or forced back to level select.

Oh and I'm going to have quads on next post. I can never post again. I'll have to log out to preserve glorious quads.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:57 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:40 am
Ideally, I want a single, large, open level with collectables throughout, which I go and collect in any order. Bosses or more difficult enemies should be in their own large arenas which do not have to be selected at the level start. After collecting an important item, I should NEVER be kicked out of the level or forced back to level select.
That is pretty much the new Mario Game, you stay in the level if you get a Moon and can keep going. If Mario 64 had that it would be perfect.

Shame the moons are too plentiful to mean as much as they should, it seems there are over 800 of them compared to the standard 120 despite the same amount of levels as 64.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:25 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:40 am
Oh and I'm going to have quads on next post. I can never post again. I'll have to log out to preserve glorious quads.
Witnessed!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:57 pm

I kinda want to play the new Malleo game.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:04 pm

Is Weegie playable?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette