Supreme Shitposter

Re: TFS got copyright struck again

Post by mad bum » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:26 am

Speaking of YGO, the series is playing on twitch if anyone cares
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:56 pm

Watching anime on Twitch would be horrendous. The YGO stream in particular has assloads of adertisements and is going in a fucking loop for all timezones to watch, on the fucking internet.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:28 pm

What a terrible idea. Bob Ross is fine since you can tune into that at any time without worry. But something with a story line? Something with a story line as shit and convoluted as You're Gay, Bro? WEW!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:23 pm

I don't see much of a problem. Most duels go for like 30 episodes and involve typical shounen asspulls that invalidate everything that happened before.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:30 pm

I mean, when I see Kaiba losing to Yugi for the nth-squared time, I really need to know the exact context leading up to this amazing battle.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:39 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:30 pm
I mean, when I see Kaiba losing to Yugi for the nth-squared time, I really need to know the exact context leading up to this amazing battle.
The problem is that you actually do since the show doesn't even follow the card game's rules.
"He beat him with the weakest monster in the game somehow."
"How?"
"IDK those duel arenas let them just change the rules to whatever the plot needs at the moment."
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

drisko

Post by drisko » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:51 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:30 pm
I remember being a kid I was sick for two or three days so i just didn't have the energy to get up and watch cartoons. I think this was at the end of season three when Kaiba and Yugi are in the coliseum. I caught part one, then missed the next couple, and only saw the last episode. It was one of the reasons I stopped watching because I realised how little I had actually missed. I used to be pretty spergy and got really frustrated whenever I missed an episode of a show I liked, getting very insistent I catch it on the rerun. But this time? Just didn't give a shit.

YGO is one of those shows where after season one, you can skip an episode or two without missing much.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:56 am

Huh, okay then. I've never watched much of the show. It always annoyed me that a) when some twelve year old faggot kidnaps your friend you don't play cards with him, you knock the cunt out or get the police and b) the fuckers are cheating like crazy.
"Haha, very well, but what you didn't expect was THIS card!", says Yugi before even drawing the card. How did you know what card you were to draw, Yugi, you topdecking, slight of hand son of a bitch cheater?
The whole "You've got to believe in the heart of the cards." talk became a meme in our Magic group whenever one didn't draw what they needed.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:56 am
Huh, okay then. I've never watched much of the show. It always annoyed me that a) when some twelve year old faggot kidnaps your friend you don't play cards with him, you knock the cunt out or get the police and b) the fuckers are cheating like crazy.
"Haha, very well, but what you didn't expect was THIS card!", says Yugi before even drawing the card. How did you know what card you were to draw, Yugi, you topdecking, slight of hand son of a bitch cheater?
The whole "You've got to believe in the heart of the cards." talk became a meme in our Magic group whenever one didn't draw what they needed.
I remember buying my first starter deck in middle school and top decking Dark Magician, Gaia the Knight, and Summoned Skull. Because of course we used season 1 rules where you didn't need to tribute.

Magic is a far superior game, bar none, wish I'd learned to play sooner rather than You Gay Bro...
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:30 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:15 pm
I remember buying my first starter deck in middle school and top decking Dark Magician, Gaia the Knight, and Summoned Skull. Because of course we used season 1 rules where you didn't need to tribute.
This reminds me of playing with this one smug cunt on my bus ride home from school. We had established we were playing with very specific rules, even if they weren't official, then, out of the blue, he studies up on the official rules and starts telling me all of my plays were illegal and I ended up losing because of it.

I put the game down and never picked it up again. Not because the rules were too harsh or anything but because the game wasn't fun with that level of tryhard on the other end. I hear it's the same with Magic if you go to a game store and end up around those meta-deck nerds.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger