Steam

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Steam

Post by Poonoo » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:56 pm

Talk about the fallen god Gaben and how Steam is slowly getting worse.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Steam

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:09 am

Steam still keeps popping up the short "Steam is updating" message, even after I've updated for realz.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:30 pm

Does it every time for me too.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Vulcan

Post by Vulcan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:32 am

Twitch announced they will be coming out with their own game directory as a means to compete with Steam. Viewers will be able to buy the game that the streamer is playing and said aforementioned streamer will get a cut of the money, Wonder how much of the market share they can wrestle away from Valve.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:02 am

Well, Amazon is good at conveniently selling shit to people. It might actually work.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:31 am

I got used to every major publisher nowdays having their own client. Yes, it's fucking annoying, but there is nothing you can do about it - especially since it's still more comfortable than installing each game separately. If anything, at least Ubisoft will give me 20% discount on a new game if I buy it on uplay instead of steam (that's really a thing).

As for steam as a client, I haven't purchased anything based on it's suggestion in a while. Since I follow gaming news quite a lot, I usually know what to get, but based on it's homepage now, it's not that terrible. We've had the discussion about categories being terrible, which is possible, but at least they're attempting to do some sort of better recommendation system. Which isn't much...

Their presentation of new games is still awful. It's like they are stuck in ages of Internet explorer 6, when using tabs was a novel concept. Why do I have to click on each game to see what is it about, you can't simply show it to me, or at the very least, without leaving the front page?

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:12 pm

Steam is suggesting every single fucking Free to play title to me because I play Warframe, instead of suggesting action games or something.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Good thing I only visit the shop to buy shit I actually intend to buy. I've never bothered with any recommendation.

And yes, the lack of tabs triggers me something fierce. At least allow for multiple instances / separate windows if tabs are so out of the question.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette