Bill Nye the Social Science Guy

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Pope Corky III

Re: Bill Nye the Social Science Guy

Post by Pope Corky III » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:52 am

Poonoo wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:19 pm
Richard Dawkins is the fucking same. I liked his Facebook page a decade ago and lately it has been filled with HuffPo tier bullshit. The comments are always filled with people saying how shit the articles are but they keep going with that belligerent bullshit.

I thought it may have been typical goon bullshit where they took over his Facebook but his Twitter is the damn same.

One of these days I'm gonna get really fucking wasted and call into one of his radio/TV interviews and ask him how Tom Baker tastes.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:08 pm

You keep laughing at Bill, but he will have the last laugh when he scientifically proves that gender doesn't exist! Or something.
asdf wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:12 am
Aside from a few diseases and dangers due to anal sex you literally cannot get a reasonable answer when you ask most church-goers why they're against homosexuality except, "le holly bibble says so." I've even heard one person state that AIDS was specifically started by gay men having anal sex with each other and therefore all homosexuality is bad. None of it ever centers on lesbians. Nobody knows how to approach giving them a "good" reason why what they're doing is bad.
It's like the libtard who twitters about getting triggered after seeing a soldier in uniform. They're all just very anal (geddit?!) about not wanting to see shit they don't condone, even if it doesn't affect them at all. Seeing two men holding hands probably ruins their otherwise perfect day.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Pope Corky III wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:52 am
One of these days I'm gonna get really fucking wasted and call into one of his radio/TV interviews and ask him how Tom Baker tastes.
Ask him about Douglas Adams too because you know they fucked
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:54 am

♪Bill Nye The Faggot Guy♪
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:29 pm

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:54 pm

asdf wrote:
There really isn't a "reasonable" reason. It literally all stems from a few bible passages that people interpret a certain way (whether or not they're meant to be that way) and a constantly hammered in idea that gay = bad no matter what.
Let's dispense with one argument-- that the Bible is being misinterpreted by fundie homophobes. This is a lie spread by liberal Christians and Jews so they can feel better about themselves. The Tanakh/Old Testament is quite clear about this subject.
Leviticus 18:22 wrote:Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin.
http://biblehub.com/leviticus/18-22.htm
And if that doesn't spell it out enough, they follow that up by this:
Leviticus 20:13 wrote:'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
http://biblehub.com/leviticus/20-13.htm
That's pretty damn conclusive if you ask me.
asdf wrote:
Aside from a few diseases and dangers due to anal sex you literally cannot get a reasonable answer when you ask most church-goers why they're against homosexuality
The thing you have to think about when reading these ancient books is, "Why was this put there?" Contrary to what the religious people tell you, these books were written by men. So they must have had a reason to put these religious laws in place at the time. They weren't put there just to harsh your mellow.

For example, the Kosher/Halal ban on eating pork. It sounds ridiculous, but you can get all kind of diseases from eating undercooked pork. So people with primitive stoves would undercook it, and if they got sick, it was probably fatal.

So there must be a reason for those anti-homosexuality laws. We know that sodomy can lead to certain diseases and medical problems. These would have been fatal in those times. And sometimes I wonder about the strong condemnations of consuming blood:
Leviticus 17:10 wrote:And if any native Israelite or foreigner living among you eats or drinks blood in any form, I will turn against that person and cut him off from the community of your people,
http://biblehub.com/leviticus/17-10.htm
Perhaps an AIDS-like virus could have existed then and had spread, and these condemnations of exile and death were done to stop a plague. If you just tell people to stop doing something, they won't. But if you tell them the wrath of your sky-daddy will be upon you and you will spend eternity in flames, people will heed your message.

So your Christian friends have it backwards when they say AIDS was created by God to kill faggots. It's more like, the gays got AIDS because they didn't follow the warnings on the safety manual.

TL;DR: The Bible is actually right sometimes... I guess?
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:07 pm

They just had to make it a taboo till technology catched up with lube and condomes!

Also something something the Bible has weird rules about selling daughters into slavery.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:22 pm

The bible also says shit in there in Leviticus about healing leprosy with bird blood.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/lev/14.html
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:29 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:07 pm
They just had to make it a taboo till technology catched up with lube and condomes!
Right. But a lot of people can't follow the recommended safety measures. You have to factor in human stupidity into everything. I mean, that's why things like drugs are made illegal. Some people can handle them and use them responsibly, but most cannot.

Insert Charlie Sheen joke here.
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:22 pm
The bible also says shit in there in Leviticus about healing leprosy with bird blood.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/lev/14.html
That is hilarious! Well, stupid folk medicine has existed in every culture. The Chinese still believe that eating a tiger cock will cure their impotence and other idiotic stuff that stupid white people have fallen for because of its exoticism.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:59 pm

Anyways, back on topic, Bill Nye was a performer on a local sketch comedy show, back when Seattle was a fun place to live.
He was known for wacky skits like this:

And regional humor like this:

The Science Guy persona only appeared occasionally, whenever Bill could come up with a wacky, audience pleasing science experiment.
お前はもう死んでいる。