Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
AngrySpoonySnob

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:32 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:40 pm
JL Unlimited wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:03 pm
>Rian Johnson
>Best Adapted Screenplay
Adapted Screenplay? What the fuck was this turd's screenplay adapted from?
A retards fanfic
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:28 pm

The Last Jedi is basically the end of nu-SW. People are already speculating the next movie will jump ahead several years, and I don't see how it cannot. Luke's dead. The Resistance is dead. Rey's a Jedi. Kylo's head of the First Order, which is now the supreme power in the universe. Basically it's shit that should have happened in the third movie, not now, setting up the next trilogy. Kennedy really is a fucking retard letting these "writer/directors" do whatever they want with almost no supervision whatsoever.

And killing Akbar off screen is inexcusable. It's worse than killing Luke. He basically shows up in an early scene and is never shown again. No mention of his death, no sendoff. You just get home and eventually it occurs to you that he's gone. So you look it up online and find out he was killed sometime during the movie's events but it was never mentioned.

A trap indeed.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Disney was a mistake
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:44 am

Ackbar dying was briefly mentioned, but I could see how you would miss it as it was just quickly said in a barrage of dialogue about the command structure so that Rian Johnson could justify putting Holdo in charge. As has been said already, there should have never been a Holdo in the first place and Ackbar should have had that part.
お前はもう死んでいる。

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:34 pm

Akbar was one of the most diverse people too. Killed for a bunch of HUMAN Women! Racist Sexist!
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:54 pm

It has been pretty disgusting for me how humanonormative these movies are. We need more xenodiversity.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:44 am
Ackbar dying was briefly mentioned, but I could see how you would miss it as it was just quickly said in a barrage of dialogue about the command structure so that Rian Johnson could justify putting Holdo in charge. As has been said already, there should have never been a Holdo in the first place and Ackbar should have had that part.
Yeah, I can remember something along the line of "Even Admiral Ackbar is dead. Anyway, time for some danger hair!"

And I guess they really wanted to churn out Holdo comics and novels, 'cause there's nothing this lady does that Ackbar couldn't do. Aside from wearing a dress that makes him look out of place in the chain of command.

I mean, fuck, imagine him sitting all smugly on his chair before engaging the hyperdrive, a "You know what this is?! It's a trap!" on his lips. That's some Final Fantasy V Galuf / Gurren Lagann shit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:01 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:54 pm
It has been pretty disgusting for me how humanonormative these movies are. We need more xenodiversity.
Yeah, it's funny. In RLM's recent discussion of Star Transmitted Disease Mike got unusually SJWy about how Star Trek in the past only took careful "baby steps" towards diversity. Then he kept contradicting his own point and moving the goalposts further and further until it was basically "yeah, they did all that stuff, but they didn't have a black female lesbian captain during the original series!" It was really stupid. Rich Evans was much more based in comparison.

But I got to thinking: all this diversity, this supposedly super progressive Federation, and almost no non-human captains. Same with Star Wars. Almost no non-human protagonists and the most prominent ones act like idiots (Jar Jar) or only make animal noises (Chewie).

In a universe with actual aliens from other worlds, they'd be a bigger outsiders than any human minority.

Hollywood's blatant human supremacy must end now! :x

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:09 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:01 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Yeah, it's funny. In RLM's recent discussion of Star Transmitted Disease Mike got unusually SJWy about how Star Trek in the past only took careful "baby steps" towards diversity. Then he kept contradicting his own point and moving the goalposts further and further until it was basically "yeah, they did all that stuff, but they didn't have a black female lesbian captain during the original series!" It was really stupid. Rich Evans was much more based in comparison.

But I got to thinking: all this diversity, this supposedly super progressive Federation, and almost no non-human captains. Same with Star Wars. Almost no non-human protagonists and the most prominent ones act like idiots (Jar Jar) or only make animal noises (Chewie).

In a universe with actual aliens from other worlds, they'd be a bigger outsiders than any human minority.

That's because aliens are inferior to the master human race
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:43 pm

One of the weirdest factiods of Star Wars EU to me was that Palpatine and his Empire were supposed to be human supremacists (to I guess explain why there weren't any Stormtroopers with obviously non-human heads). Except even before the prequels, there was Thrawn.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:01 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:

Turns out that Klingon female in the Undiscovered Country was right about everything. The Federation is no more than a homo sapiens only club.