Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:25 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:17 pm
I might actually be on board with thinking the prequels were better, too. The prequels at least told a coherent story, albeit a shitty one, and clearly had a plan from the beginning. This Disney trilogy is just a cluster fuck.
The Prequels were badly executed, but if you look past the bad dialogue, bad characterization, annoying comic relief, and overly long, stupid weightless CG action scenes, there were some interesting ideas. It had a coherent story arc.

The Sequels have no coherent story arc. The first one was a point for point rip off of A New Hope. The second one is a bunch of people blundering around confused about their goals and occasionally killing each other while everything that was set up in the first one is derailed for the sake of "subverting expectations". The dialogue feels more natural (sometimes) and the action is more grounded and real feeling and the set pieces and costumes feel more lived in instead of artificially sterile, but the plot is an aimless, unsatisfying mess. And the characters are just as bad.

So they're each a different kind of bad. Which one is worse comes down to personal taste.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:06 pm

The second one gave me some "5 minutes on Namek" flashbacks.

And the action was more real? May I point out Luke's Matrix dodge and those weeabo guards with their stupid katas?
Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:42 pm
One more (probably final?) story about TLJ getting destroyed in China, this time by Jumanji. Starring a kinda-black guy.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ns-1074677
The Rock transcends racism.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:14 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:06 pm
The second one gave me some "5 minutes on Namek" flashbacks.

And the action was more real? May I point out Luke's Matrix dodge and those weeabo guards with their stupid katas?
Liar Revealed wrote:
One more (probably final?) story about TLJ getting destroyed in China, this time by Jumanji. Starring a kinda-black guy.
The Rock transcends racism.
One had Ivys sword whip....
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:27 am

So I guess there are more articles to be written about TLJ flopping in China. This one attempts to rationalize it.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... na-1075177
お前はもう死んでいる。

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:02 am

They all attempt to rationalize it.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:24 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Star Wars wasn't #litty enough for China. I bet it didn't make the Chinese piss at all.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:27 am

This headline is just sad.
CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:14 pm
One had Ivys sword whip....
With itsy-bitsy tiny mini lightsaber candles so you can have both a lightsaber and a normal sword :3
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:45 am

I think i can resume well why i hate TLJ, it's not Star Wars. It's like i don't know, it's more like a unrelated movie with a Star Wars Paincoat over it but it lacks what makes Star Wars actually be Star Wars
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:42 pm

Charlar wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:45 am
I think i can resume well why i hate TLJ, it's not Star Wars. It's like i don't know, it's more like a unrelated movie with a Star Wars Paincoat over it but it lacks what makes Star Wars actually be Star Wars
Which is?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Rushy wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:42 pm
Charlar wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:45 am
Which is?
Kotor 1-2 come to mind for good original ideas told in Star Wars that still felt like Star Wars.

Classic space adventure, but with the mystery and magic that is the Force.

Training, learning, growing, governments rising and falling. Characters with personalities and flaws that they overcome.

The eternal struggle between the Jedi and Sith and all the intricacies of their teachings and the offshoots, and the consequences of those teachings.