Telltale "Games"

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Telltale "Games"

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 09, 2017 9:22 pm

Yeah, Telltale games remind me more of advertisements for the various IPs. Especially because they tend to release simultaneously with those IPs getting popular or having a new product out. IE Walking Dead's TV Show, Borderlands 2 and TPS (actual video games you can play), Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and so on.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed May 10, 2017 1:05 am

Walking Dead 1 is actually great and it's what really made them. Before that, they released Jurassic Park game and it was awful (I couldn't believe how atrocious it was, riddled with QTE, awful shitty characters and ridiculous plot - the best part was trying to kill your character in various hillarious ways), and before that, a Back to the Future one, which I've heard was mediocre.

Walking Dead 2 started well and ended up being shitty, in general it felt like whatever competent writer they got to help them with WD1 must've left somewhere around making WD2. One more game I've liked from them is Wolf Among Us - I like Fables, it's a pretty good series, and this was decent. The only really good game from them is Walking Dead one though, and especially when they released it after that shitty Jurassic Part game, it seems like someone at Telltale sold their soul to Satan.

I have not played any of their recent "clones" of the succesful formula, because I haven't heard too many positive things and this time it really feels derivative. Plus I don't have special interest in Borderlands or Minecraft, if you can believe that.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 10, 2017 3:27 pm

I am so fucking sick of The Walking Dead. It's never been any good, already falling way short of expectations and delivered a dose of wasted potential in it's first season so strong I marvel at how people kept watching that shit.

But because it's so popular there had to be a pinball and since it's new it was in every tournament. Surprise, surprise, it's fucking shit. And I got to see that shit and be reminded of that crappy TV show all the time, every few weeks, watching PAPA tournaments that my resentment to the series grew stronger and stronger.
And then comes some non-game for people to whom a regular point-and-click adventure was too engaging and gets praise and yet again I am confronted with that shitty show.
Then almost all the gun channels I watch had to test the fucking crossbow or baseball bat (Wow, barbed wire around it! So unique!) and I am YET AGAIN annoyed with TWD crap!

Fuck The Walking Dead and everything related to it!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed May 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Even the comic is not that good. It's just a soap opera for guys.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 10, 2017 7:11 pm

That's what I assumed if you take the concept of a zombie movie and stretch it out to series length. There's only so many ways you can kill zombies.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed May 10, 2017 7:36 pm

It's mostly shit like "look who is sleeping around" and "oh sheeeit, somebody killed somebody else" or "somebody betrayed the group!"

99% human dramz and 1% killing zambonis.

TWD was always intended to be that way, because of how it's serialized. The creator wanted a comic he could do in black and white that would release like a soap opera with a continuous story which would keep readers glued to each page. End result is a comic soap opera.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 10, 2017 8:15 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 7:01 pm
Even the comic is not that good. It's just a soap opera for guys.
I still maintain that the first season of Spartacus: Blood and Sand was the only true and good soap opera for guys. In every regard! It really, really got me that guilty pleasure vibe that sandwich makers claim they get from actual soap operas. I knew it was kinda shit but at the same time it was so awesome and cheap dirty fun that I didn't care. :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed May 10, 2017 8:25 pm

I can't disagree. I really enjoyed that first trashy season of Spartacus. Then the OG pimp actor died and I stopped watching.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Oh, he actually died? That's a fucking shame then. I know they delayed season two and had the stand-in guy but were hoping he'd eventually get well again.

Just looked it up. Shit, he did.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu May 11, 2017 12:26 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 7:36 pm
It's mostly shit like "look who is sleeping around" and "oh sheeeit, somebody killed somebody else" or "somebody betrayed the group!"

99% human dramz and 1% killing zambonis.
Yep, got a Image humble bundle for cheap and read it and got sick of the same fucking pattern. Human drama shit most of the time where everything is relaxed and then SURPRISE ZOMBIES, BETTER FUCKING MOVE TO THE NEXT LOCATION FOR MORE DRAMA.

The same pattern kept repeating over and over again and it got trite. They didn't really it up by having some sort of build up towards the zombies arriving, or have them boarded up with Zombies slowly smashing a door down, it was someone suddenly getting bit out of fucking no where and then PANIC.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.