What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 20, 2017 5:02 pm

Is there a Mormon mod for CK2?

And Bayonetta is charming. I beat Nonstop Infinite Climax, but still feel like I'm just getting the hang of things. The game basically went "You think you're hot shit because you made it through Hard without really using Dodge Offset?! Have fun with our conga line of block whores!"
I must thank the developers for putting a Jeanne fight right at the start of Chapter 2, since she was by far the biggest pain in the ass (okay, the biggest pain after those damn airships). Gotta practice that fight some more. Though I guess I'll first try to unlock Jeanne the legit way.

I've slacked a bit off on my Titan Quest run, but I'm still at it. Currently on the Silk Road having lots of lulz after learning a Hunting skill that's an AoE physical damage resistance debuff. Now I definitely have some time to beef up my defensive skills.

I also checked out God Eater Resurrection. So animu, with a godawful opening song. Though at least the actual in-game BGM is way better.
Some enemy designs are neat, and it's cool that you can switch between a melee and ranged weapon at will, but it's pretty clear that the game prefers you to go full gunner, only switching to close combat to fill up your energy. Melee feels stiff and not nearly as satisfying as in Monster Hunter, whereas the customized bullets lets you fire stuff like a wave motion gun, a sticky laser disco ball and a auto-aiming airstrike.

I think the bullet mechanics would be cool for some Armored-Core-type mecha game, but they instead decided to make a MonHun clone.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 21, 2017 12:16 am

God Eater is just one of those MonHun clones for people who don't have access to the real deal.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sun May 21, 2017 3:26 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 12:16 am
God Eater is just one of those MonHun clones for people who don't have access to the real deal.
Or people who play MonHun and are okay to try something else a little
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 21, 2017 4:25 am

Charlar wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 3:26 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Nah, those just learn to play a new weapon.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 21, 2017 4:27 am

Charlar wrote:
rabidtictac wrote:
You'd have a point if any of these monhun clones were even close to as good as the legit MH games. Toukiden Kiwami is the closest I can think of and it's still not as good. Soul Sacrifice is good, but only barely resembles a MH clone. Most of the best rewards in the game are from rank achievements (aka speedrunning bosses while hitting all weak points) and don't involve crafting at all.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 21, 2017 4:44 am

MonHun has, by far, the best flow rate and gameplay loop ever created. It's almost as perfect as Tetris.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 21, 2017 7:30 am

Charlar wrote:
rabidtictac wrote:
This. Especially after finding a MonHun clone who didn't get a garbage PC port like Toukiden.

If there's one feature I'd actually like to see in MonHun, it's those tickets you can get as a reward which you can trade in for monster drops you've already found at least once. Can help if you have to keep farming a monster for a drop that just refuses to come up.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 21, 2017 4:43 pm

A lot of the monster hunter clones started to get ported or remade on the Vita. Ask yourself why. What was one thing the Vita didn't have that the 3DS did? And then suddenly we saw Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden, God Eater, Freedom Wars, Ragnarok Odyssey and so on. The PSP had a bunch of iterations of 2nd Gen monster hunter. Vita had nothing. Other companies saw a gap in the market and tried to fill it. Problem was, MonHun was already into 3rd Gen before they were getting their first games out. MonHun had a huge advantage in terms of a polished formula and tons of monsters. MonHun clones were LUCKY to get a 1.5 edition, like Kiwami or Delta. By the time Toukiden 2 or God Eater 2 came out, MonHun was into Gen 5, I think.

Monster Hunter just has such a huge lead I don't think anything can catch up. They have a wealth of monster designs, armor designs, weapon designs, item designs, a cohesive art style and unique look, a colorful world... There's all this shit that comes standard now in MonHun using reused assets or whatever the fuck (or remade versions of old assets) that you'd have to build from the ground up for a 1.0 of a MonHun clone. Most MonHun clones are shit because most 1.0s of monster hunting games, including the OG gen 1 monster hunter games, are shit.

Like, start with weapons. How are you going to start from scratch on MonHun Clone 1.0: Hunt Monster Asses and design a varied and interesting weapon set that's able to compete on an even footing with what Monster Hunter's latest versions offer? You can't. You'll either end up with samey garbage or you'll have to limit yourself for time to a much smaller set of weapons that feel unique and fun.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 21, 2017 5:08 pm

At least one weapon is always an easy choice. I mean, is there any MonHun clone out there that doesn't feature at least one kind of fuckhuge sword?
-Yours Truly

Kama

Post by Kama » Sun May 21, 2017 11:16 pm

I'm almost through my first run of Persona 5 and I've been enjoying it greatly. Though it does suck a lot of time out of you.