Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
rabidtictac

Re: NCunt: Black Cocks Only

Post by rabidtictac » Mon May 29, 2017 8:35 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 1:07 am
Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 12:02 am
I was under the impression that the only thing they did was make it so the child wasn't guilty of a crime, on the logic that they were basically a victim to begin with and slapping them with a felony charge on top of that was just plain screwed up. Soliciting sex from a child is still completely illegal.
It does make sense, but it also opens the way for the argument that "how it is illegal to buy somthing, but not to sell it?", which is already used in places like Sweden when dealing with non-child prostitution.
This. It seems like the start of a slippery slope. Oh, so it's illegal to buy weed, but not sell weed? How does that work? Some of the gun laws get like that too. Libs can't make gun ownership illegal, so they make it illegal to transport firearms at any time in any manner, so as to be as fucking annoying as possible and make gun owners give up.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

EdmundBurke

Post by EdmundBurke » Mon May 29, 2017 9:52 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 9:49 pm
Snyder convinced himself his meaningless dreck had some kind of artistic statement. The man has no talent for original storytelling. All his good films are adaptations.
Doing adaptions is hardly bad thing for film directors. Pretty much all of Robert Altman and John Huston catalogue are adapted works and for the most part, they are great. Snyder is just a bad director.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon May 29, 2017 4:50 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 9:49 pm
Snyder convinced himself his meaningless dreck had some kind of artistic statement. The man has no talent for original storytelling. All his good films are adaptations.
I would dispute that he has any good films. I mean, I liked 300 at the time but that was more for the unintentional comedy than anything. His Watchmen adaptation was crap. Both just go to show that you can emulate a source material word-for-word, shot-for-shot and still completely miss the tone, feel and indeed the point of the material you're adapting. Just look at Gus Van Sant's Psycho remake.

Snyder's a music video director. I'm sure when it comes to directing music videos he's top dog but when it comes to directing anything of real substance he falls short.
EdmundBurke wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 9:52 am
Doing adaptions is hardly bad thing for film directors. Pretty much all of Robert Altman and John Huston catalogue are adapted works and for the most part, they are great. Snyder is just a bad director.
Hell, most of Hollywood these days is adaptation. Either adaptation, sequel, remake or reboot.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 29, 2017 5:29 pm

Snyder is definitely "style over substance" and whether or not the style works is up for debate.

And don't forget that Hollywood tries to meme every adaptation, remake or reboot into a cinematic universe.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon May 29, 2017 9:10 pm

You and I are just going to disagree about Watchmen, Keith. I read the comic first, then watched the movie and I liked both. I think the film was reworked in ways that work better for film and for a contemporary story, such as not using a big gross prop 1950s alien blob. Snyder is at his most stylish in this film and I think it works in creating a look and feel for the movie. Unlike a lot of his other movies, Watchmen has substance because the comic it was taken from has substance. But the edits for the movie version are quite clever. Cutting out a lot of the side story stuff was good for a feature film. Even though they did eventually put it back in, fuck. The pirate shit should never have made it into a movie.

I thought the acting was overall very solid for a capeshit film. Dr. Manhattan was the standout for me, as well as our good old raghead nutter, of course. I got the same "feeling" listening to Manhattan tell his story as I did from reading it in the comic, which is usually the sign of a good adaptation. Some of the musical choices were too obvious, but others, like "Unforgettable" and whatever plays during the Manhattan story, fit nicely.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue May 30, 2017 7:00 am

I feel the watchman movie got a bad wrap as well, a lot of people say it was awful but in all honesty I thought it was pretty good, and yes I've read the comic too. If anything the performances help carry that movie, and everyone seemed to fill their parts pretty well.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue May 30, 2017 12:47 pm

Capeshit is all shit. Come at me, bro.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue May 30, 2017 8:55 pm

I didn't care for the movie, either. Of course, I've never cared for Alan Moore.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed May 31, 2017 3:04 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 8:55 pm
I didn't care for the movie, either. Of course, I've never cared for Alan Moore.
I'm in the opposite boat, in that I love Alan Moore and therefore consequently hate most film adaptations of his work. There is only one good adaptation of an Alan Moore story and that's the JLU episode 'For The Man Who Has Everything'.
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 9:10 pm
You and I are just going to disagree about Watchmen, Keith.
Indeed we are. I re-watched the film recently and my first thought upon finishing it was 'God, what a hack'

I'll try to sum up succinctly what I hated about it but in a sentence it's simply not Watchmen. It's the comic industry's, and now Hollywood's, idea of Watchmen. Which is to say it's a cape film but a little bit more violent and a little bit sexier. It's sort of like how the V for Vendetta movie is Hollywood's idea of political engagement.

You say the film has substance because Snyder copied the comic book, well I dispute that. Snyder cut a lot of context out of the comic book to cram it into a two-and-a-half hour time frame, with the result being that we never build the same relationship with the characters or their world, it's never really underscored how the Watchmen world is different from our own, except that there are capes. There's never that sense of urgency that comes with the approaching doomsday. The scenes that Snyder copied word-for-word are better written than anything Snyder could write, but it's when he's left to think for himself that his deficiencies as a film director become readily apparent. He knows nothing about plot, structure, pacing, characterisation or indeed visuals. Every fight is that stupid slow motion shit. Even the rape scene, I believe. Snyder knows nothing about how to use colour. He thinks 'grim-and-gritty superhero movie' so every shot is washed out and dull, ignoring the fact that John Higgins' colours for the movie were quite vibrant and served to create and atmosphere that just isn't there in the movie.

There's other stuff, I could go into the space squid or the Tales of the Black Freighter/Under the Hood/Other Magazine excerpts, whose inclusion in the ultimate cut demonstrates that Snyder doesn't understand what the fuck he's reading, but suffice to say Watchmen is an excellent comic book but it's not a good film
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

sigh

Post by sigh » Wed May 31, 2017 8:52 am

A lengthy one again it must be one of those manthreadings I heared lately, but that doesn't make sense, she's a woman.
So this is an interesting point. If someone makes fun of me or shitposts on the internet it means xe is not old/mature enough and will ultimately grow up from that kind of attitude. So I guess safe spaces and temper tantrums and taking every hurt feeling to twitter for autistic internet love are more mature. I guess the tactic of calling people a bigot didn't work; calling people nazis didn't work. Let's call them babies. It's funny that the same people will say that old people made Trump and Brexit happen. It's interesting that even Canada didn't create regulations that would grant voting rigths only to people in the working age brackets. Nevertheless I cannot wait to be mature enough to be consumed by the SJW machine and stop thinking for myself and be offended by everything all the time.