Politically Correct Fantasy 15 (Final Fantasy Thread)

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Politically Correct Fantasy 15 (Final Fantasy Thread)

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:04 pm

Even localizers should have some sort of spine.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Griever

Post by Griever » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:03 am

I've never really understood why people love to squabble so much over FFVI, VII, and VIII. Personally, I liked all three games, and I think that they're all worth a play-through. Granted, I'm not exactly a connoisseur of RPGs. However, I do have to say that I never could force myself to like IX, and everything past IX is utter shit in my opinion. The second SquareSoft rebranded as SquareEnix, everything pretty much went to Hell.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:00 pm

People just like to have heated arguments about whether a crazy clown is a better villain than an edgelord with mommy issues.

The FFX franchise is definitely the weirdest for me. It's like the last time you had an old bloke in the team, the direct sequel is stupid, yet really the last time something connected to the main franchise did any sort of job system, and the combat system was kinda fun - and copied for some LotR tie-in game. It's all over the place.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

drfrank

Post by drfrank » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:35 pm

I think a lot of it comes down to nostalgia and defending what you remember as a kid. I started with FF1 so I never have any of these problems, no one ever argues that FF1 is the best.

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:25 am

From the FFs I played i liked some of them.
4-5: didnt liked them, both where my introduction to the series and did nothing for me.
6: i thought it was ok, i dont replay it or anything. But overall when i remember my time playing it back in the day it feels right.
7: i liked it. Took me a little while but eventually i thought "hey... im actually enjoying this game!". I still like it. All the spinoff are cancer and should be destroyed and im absolutely sure the fucking remake will include all that cancer.
8: thought it was ok in the end. I liked 50% of the game... but hated the other 50%... liked the music (except eyes on me and the ellone music) and collecting the gfs and cards and so on. But hated the characters and overall story... but kept playing for the collectibles. The last castle was awesome.
9: thought it was ok too. Liked more the characters and story and again... summons and chocobo hot and cold. But hated the cards and how slow it was.
10: hated it. Except the music, even liked the fucking love theme. Fuck me.
10-2: fuck me and fuck you.

12: my favourite. Not only on ff but overall one of my favourite games, like in a top 20. I
was really undecided about getting this game after 10 and 10-2 but im glad i did. Loved the world and customization. Loved the areas and exploration. The voice acting was very good imo... loved how balthier, cid and reddas sounded specially. And loves the star wars feeling too. And i cant fucking wait for the ps4 version on july.
I played a cracked version of zodiac age on pc, still want it on ps4.

13: after this im not buying a new entry on ff games ever again. Only ff12 because i know that game...
13 was my last game on the series... not getting 13-2 or 13-3 nor 15.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:19 am

Oh shit, someone who likes/hates different FFs than I do. Let me prepare my 152 page master's thesis on why you're wrong.

Or maybe not. There's enough FF for everyone!

(And the FFX OST really is awesome. The Otherworld is just rad.)
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:50 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:19 am
Oh shit, someone who likes/hates different FFs than I do. Let me prepare my 152 page master's thesis on why you're wrong.

Or maybe not. There's enough FF for everyone!

(And the FFX OST really is awesome. The Otherworld is just rad.)
If this was Sploonys forums a 152 page thesis would be too short.

and yeah. Both otherworld and the road to zanarkand theme.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:50 pm

The card games and minigame shit is always awful in FF games.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:45 am

Dodging 200 lightning bolts in FFX was fun, I swear!

(The worst among the stuff I played was this weird bingo coin game from FFX-2. That must've been designed by some asylum inmate.)
-Yours Truly

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:56 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:50 pm
The card games and minigame shit is always awful in FF games.
I liked triple triad, but it was mostly collecting the cards than playing the game.

And chocobo hot and cold in ff9 was ok... until you leveled up so much that you could dig in one hit.

Still.. my favourite card minigame ever is Xenocards in xenosaga 1.