Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:25 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:23 pm
I'm not a fan of either guy, but come on.

Seth MacFarlane is an animator, writer, voice actor, singer, and arguably a live-action actor. He's got a lot of talents and produces a lot of stuff.

Todd McFarlane is a guy that got famous because drew a pre-existing character, Spider-Man, in a way that capeshit nerds liked. Previously, his art had been considered terrible, and an issue of GI Joe that he drew had to be thrown out and redrawn. Fame got to his head and he and three other over-rated artists all got together and thought they could make hit comics all on their own. He created Spawn, a typical '90s Kid type of antihero superhero. But like all these '90s superstar artists McFarlane couldn't write for shit. And he had the work ethic of Spoony and could never get his books out on time. Now he doesn't even draw Spawn anymore and makes his living producing toys for grown men.
Seth MacFarlane is hardly original himself. He got famous by doing a shit Simpsons rip-off, after having previously worked in kids' cartoons, and his Simpsons rip-off was so inexplicably popular (or Fox were so desperate for new content) that he then further ripped off the rip-off an additional two times.

In fact, yeah, Seth is way worse than Todd
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:56 pm

Seth's content is low-quality, but at least he gets stuff made. We'll see if his Star Trek parody turns out to be good or not. But it likely will be better than STD.
Post-90s, nobody in Hollywood wants anything to do with Todd.

And Scottish are infamous for their haggis.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Didn't Family Guy bomb and it only got big when Adult Swim started running it?
I swear I forgot how much of AS's content was just Fox reruns.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:10 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:56 pm
Seth's kahntent is low-quality, but at least he gets stuff made.
So? You're saying that it's okay that he makes shit so long as he can shovel it fast enough?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:06 pm
So whiskynigger then, I guess. I don't even know what else Scotland is known for except frying Mars bars and doing heroin.
College Marxists and being on benefits. The idea that they want independence from us is laughable.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:57 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:10 pm
So? You're saying that it's okay that he makes shit so long as he can shovel it fast enough?
Nah, I'm saying that makes him the less worse of the two.
I don't really watch his work except sometimes I watch Family Guy on Sundays because I'm too lazy to turn the channel after the Simpsons airs. And I kind of like what he did when he hosted the Academy Awards. It was very irreverent and poked fun at all the stuck up Hollywood snobs.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:24 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:10 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:06 pm
So whiskynigger then, I guess. I don't even know what else Scotland is known for except frying Mars bars and doing heroin.
College Marxists and being on benefits. The idea that they want independence from us is laughable.
Well they clearly don't, seeing how they voted against independence. Fuckers came crying after Brexit but guess what, if you give away your independence willingly you have no right to complain about being governed by another state. Fuck 'em!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:40 am

Seth a shit. The only "good" thing he ever made was American Dad, and calling that good is a stretch. It's merely okay.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:11 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:40 am
Seth a shit. The only "good" thing he ever made was American Dad, and calling that good is a stretch. It's merely okay.
American Dad is pretty funny. And when it's not, I'm entertained. It's remained funnier longer than the Simpsons imo.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:20 am

I've really warmed up to Bob's Burgers. I really hate it when men do female voices and that was a big turnoff for me. But I feel like it's fresh and new and has potential for growth. FOX should focus more on promoting it and shuffle off Simpsons and Family Guy into a shitty timeslot to die. Those shows are played out and done.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:34 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:57 pm
I don't really watch his work
So you're full of shit. Good of you to admit it
Kugelfisch wrote: